About Our OBGYNs
Why Choose Women’s Health Associates
Selecting a health care provider is one of the most important decisions you will make. When weighing your options, consider what makes Women’s Health Associates unique:
- We are a group of physicians and certified nurse midwives. We also include a certified physician assistant who specializes in adolescent gynecology.
- Our female physicians and midwives provide all the obstetrical care for our patients. These two practice groups function relatively independently and patients are free to choose their preference.
- Our midwife providers adhere unfailingly to the principle that midwives promote the health and well being of women and newborns through continuous partnership and communication. This midwifery practice model succeeds because our obstetricians respect the midwifery concept of watchful waiting and non-intervention in normal processes.
- Our low-risk midwifery patients have the option of giving birth at the Connecticut Childbirth & Women’s Center, the only freestanding independent birthing center in the state. Our obstetricians and midwives also hold privileges at Danbury Hospital for the care of our high-risk patients or those who seek a hospital birth.
- Dr. Kenneth Blau, whose practice is limited to gynecology and advanced pelvic floor repair, has 25 years of experience in minimally invasive surgery. He is the only Essure-accredited physician in the state.
- Dr. Patricia Whitcombe, a certified clinical densitometrist, supervises our bone density program.
- Beth Harple, PA-C provides counseling and testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2 genetic testing to assess an individual’s risk for breast and ovarian cancer. We also offer Colaris genetic testing for uterine and colon cancer.
- Our providers and staff are equipped to meet the needs of our patients who speak Spanish, Portuguese and Greek.
- Kenneth Blau, M.D.
- Patricia Whitcombe, M.D.
- Elizabeth Kontarines, M.D.
- Mary Beth Miller, M.D.
- Mishal Mirza, M.D.